“Pleasure is always derived from something outside you, whereas joy arises from within.”
― Eckhart Tolle
People have always asked me, how are you always so happy? I never thought about it. It was just who I was and how I wanted to live my life. In Happiness. There can be actions that we take that we think we are happy, but they are our fears trying to cling on so we mask the pain or fill the void that we haven’t fully found is our own inner happiness. We don’t need people, places or things to make us happy. You simply can be happy with just you.
About a few weeks ago, I was hanging out with a friend for a few hours everyday. I loved hanging out, but as soon as we left each other, my happiness was gone. I couldn’t wait to see this friend again. It raced through my mind all day again until we could hang out again. I woke up one morning and released I was living in a illusion that this was my only happiness. And I was using my fear of being alone with creating a false sense of external happiness in seeing my friend everyday. I had to take a step back and be alone and not cling on to my friend to actually feel and live through my emotions. It was confusing and hard to process why. I had to find my ‘Inner Happiness‘. Once I did this I found a happy balance of still hanging out with my friend and being alone. I had Conquered my fears! I felt even better and more aware of my behaviors.
Here are some key ways to found your ‘Inner Happiness’.
1. Have a Morning Ritual – By creating a morning ritual, you set the whole tone for the day. Greet the first few moments of the day by nurturing your body and soul. This is the time of day to seek out the simple luxuries of life, and embrace them – it can be meditation, morning yoga, a walk in nature or a delicious wholesome breakfast.
2. Live with Gratitude – What you focus on you attract – so focus on what you are grateful for. Buy yourself a beautiful handmade notebook, and keep a gratitude journal. Before bed each night, write five things down that you are grateful for. By practicing gratitude, your perception will change, and you will develop a sense of appreciating the smaller things in life. Writing my thoughts and emotions from my inner voice helps me the most!
3. Look for Opportunities – Things will not just fall in your lap; you have to go out, work hard, and earn them. In the process, you will make mistakes, however, instead of giving up, find a way that works. When you search long enough, opportunities will come your way. Be bold, tell the universe what you want. Yes, you may get a hundred “no’s,” but you will eventually get one “yes.” You will be surprised how often the universe says “yes!” You just have to ask first.
4. Set Your Intention – Manifestation is extremely powerful, so get focused on setting your intent. By getting clear about what you want and sending out positive thoughts/feelings/emotions about it, you will find the key to fulfilling your dreams. Write your own personal mantra; then hang it where you will see it every day. I put my by my bed. No joke Pinterest if also one of the BEST visual manifestations I have ever experienced. The images really helped me connect to the emotions of manifestation. I could live in my Pinterest boards and I do! http://www.pinterest.com/
5. Do the Right Thing – Live life with an open mind and loving heart. Don’t let your ego take over. Instead, give without expecting, refrain from gossip, and do not judge. Walk with grace, and keep your character strong. Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you. Live in your TRUTH, like I talked about in last weeks newsletter.
6. Dream Big, and Take Risks – It is your birth right to live how you choose; dare to live it. Yes, it takes courage, because way to often you get belittled by small-minded people telling you, “you’re just a dreamer” or “that’s an impossible dream.” The people who achieve their goals are the ones who never give up, even when it seems all so hopeless.
7. Love, Nurture and Honor Yourself – Speak to yourself with kindness, nourish your body with whole foods, and honor your value by living life by your own morals. Take some time to invest in the most important thing – YOU.
8. Chill Out, and Savor the Moment – We live in a society where we all want everything yesterday. We forget to savor the present moment. Take some time to notice how blue the sky is, or make a date with the sunshine. Get out and enjoy the miracle of life that surrounds you NOW.
Now, it’s your turn to share and inspire. Ask your self what are other ways that you bring inner happiness into your life?